Bluewater Capital is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bluewater Capital may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/09/2020.
Who we are
The Information we collect
We may collect and use the following information:
- Internal Protocol (IP) address. This information is collected passively when you use our website or client portal.
- Identity details. This information is collected directly from you when you complete our forms on our website or provide information directly to us. This includes:
- Name, address and contact details including but not limited to phone number and email address
- Date of birth and gender
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Professional and employment details
- ID and/or passport number
- National/tax identification number
- Any other similar information.
How and why we use your information
We will only use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulation.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To identify you
- To communicate with you
- To process your investor application form, where applicable
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send emails about articles or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Who we share your information with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may be required to share your information with:
- The FCA and any regulatory or tax authority we may be subject to.
We require all third party processors to take appropriate steps to protect your information and only use your information for the purposes of performing the relevant services. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Knowing Your Data Rights
Under the EU data privacy laws, you have a right to request access to, change or object to processing of your personal data. You can ask us to provide you with the data we hold about you, and if you want to, for us to delete it from our marketing database. In special circumstances you can even request your data is transferred from us to another firm.
Should you wish to do any of the above, or have any concerns please contact us at Bluewater Capital and Compliance, 53 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 1TH or email@example.com. If we are not able to address your concerns and you are still unhappy you may be able to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (https://ico.org.uk).
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email address
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information that we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Security and Storage of Personal Information
Bluewater takes the safeguarding of your data very seriously. Bluewater has taken measures and precautions to protect the security of your personal information. Our employees understand to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Where appropriate, we use encryption or other security measures which we deem appropriate to protect your information. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. But, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure can ever be perfect or impenetrable.
We hold personal information in secure computer storage facilities, paper-based files and/or other records. When we consider that personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you and we will securely destroy the records. Please note that we are subject to certain laws and regulations which require us to retain a copy of the documents we used to comply with our customer due diligence obligations, and supporting evidence and records of transactions with you and your relationship with us for a period of five years after our relationship with you has terminated. Personal information held in the form of a deed is subject to a storage period of twelve years after our relationship with you has terminated.
How to make a complaint
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you want to make a complaint about how we have handled your information, please contact us at:
- Bluewater Capital & Compliance, 53 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1TH
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 121 725 1949
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) through:
- Writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF;
- Calling: 0303 123 1113; or
- Submitting a message through the ICO’s website at: www.ico.org.uk
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website